Followers

Volunteer Calendar

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter




As equally significant to the cross is the empty tomb that was found outside the city over 2000 years ago. And because of the manger, the cross, and the empty tomb, we have full assurance that God Himself has made the way to restore us in relationship with our creator and redeemer. There is no other gift greater, no other hope more true.  

As we celebrate the risen Christ, I also celebrate today the resurrected life of Christopher, Aunt Corene,  and Aunt Christine, all who went on to be with God in 2008  by His power  and their faith in Him.  Christopher made a profession of faith as a child. He shared with me evidence of his spiritual quest the last few years.  In the darkness that tormented him towards the end of his life, he may have denied the truth and was deceived by his deep depression and a hardened heart, but I have full assurance that God was greater than these things that took his life.  How I wish he could have been free while here with us, how I prayed for this so much.  I have to say that even in my own life, I catch myself sometimes going towards isolation emotionally and spiritually in order not to feel the pain of struggles and his death, but God is faithful to always keep whispering to my heart, come back, come back.  

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you a hope and a future. "




No comments:

Post a Comment